|Game Type||Play Set Game|
Join Sulley, Mike, and Randy in their early student days. Raid the rival Fear Tech campus, compete in the Scare Games, ride a bike around Frat Row, have a paint ball battle, or rig some pranks on campus for unsuspecting fellow students.
Only the following Character Figures may be used.
During game play, a number of items can be unlocked in-game, which will also unlock them for use in the Toy Box. These include:
Note: The students look mostly the same as any other student with the same number. The difference is in their behavior, and whether or not they're carrying anything (e.g. Paintball Gun).
Buildings, Decorations, and Set Pieces
Packs and Tools
Music, Skydome and Terrain
Monsters University Sky (skydome)
Monsters University Campus (texture) with customized Terrain Cluster decorations
When not overridden by the Boom Box or other toy with its own music, using the Monsters University Sky skydome causes the game to play the theme from the Monsters University play set. This can't be directly selected via the Boom Box, so the only way to hear that music is to use the skydome.
The Monsters University Play Set Game includes a Vault, which requires each of the Character Figures to unlock. Once unlocked, "Monsters University Toy Box" is added to the list of Prebuilt Toy Box Worlds.
Reaching the Monsters University Vault (spoilers):
The Vault for the Monsters University Play Set Game is located at the back of the campus in a fenced/gated area around the Clock Tower behind the School of Scaring. In order to reach it, the player must complete a number of missions (more so than in other Play Set Games). Quickest way to reach it:
- Complete missions for Squishy until you buy the Toilet Paper Launcher and he sends you to the Fear Tech Campus.
- At Fear Tech, complete the auto-assigned missions until you can speak to Don Carlton.
- Complete Don's missions until you have to unfurl banners.
- Complete both banner missions until you're directed to talk to another "hidden MU student".
- Complete Randy's missions until you've scared the invisible Fear Tech student.
- Go back to the MU Campus, where Squishy directs you to talk to Don.
- Talk to Don, buy the Give 'em a Hand Launcher, and complete his mission.
- Go to the gate near the Clock Tower at the back left corner of the MU Campus and talk to Squishy.
- Complete the mission "Spring Forward" to be launched over the fence toward the Clock Tower (and the Vault).
- It was the only time more than one Play Set Game was included with a single Game Piece.
- In Disney Infinity 2.0 and 3.0, these can be unlocked in the Toy Store by placing the Game Piece on the Disney Infinity Base.