Pitch Black Sky is a Skydome that can be unlocked in Disney Infinity 3.0 by completing the first and last Building-Based Toy Boxes missions, available through the corresponding portal in the Toy Box Hub. Unlike most Skydomes, there is no background music (effectively uses the Boom Box music "Silence").
To check whether Pitch Black Sky is already unlocked, place a Sky Changer in a Toy Box. Using the Magic Wand tool, select "Properties", "Sky", "Disney Infinity 2.0", and then scroll to the bottom of the list. It should appear second to last, between "Above the Grid" and "Misty Magic Sky".
If Pitch Black Sky is not listed in the Sky Changer, it may be unlocked by completing the first and last Building-Based Toy Box missions. A Flyer is recommended in order to save time. Note that these cannot be completed by Character Figures from Cars, as they may not use the Magic Wand tool (which is required for all the Building-Based Toy Box missions).
- Go to the Toy Box Hub.
- Head toward the Base Host (looks like Genie) in the Main Street USA section, follow the purple highlighted path to the left (toward Halloween Town), and approach the Building-Based Toy Boxes portal.
- The first mission, "Droid in Distress", needs to be completed in order to unlock the other missions.
- Once the mission list is completely unlocked, scroll to the end and select the "Pieced Together" mission.
- There are five Toy Box Hosts to interact with:
- The Creation Host (looks like Merlin has nine (9) missions related to Toy Box creation.
- The Terrain Host (looks like Sultan from "Aladdin") has a single mission.
- The Customization Host (looks like Cruella DeVille) has four (4) missions.
- The Building Sets Host (looks like Giselle from "Enchanted") has a single mission.
- The Builders and Creators Host (looks like Baloo from "Jungle Book") has a single mission.
When these Toy Box Host missions have been completed, create or load a Toy Box and place a Sky Changer to check whether Pitch Black Sky has been unlocked. If not, it may need to be repeated.