Character Figures are capable of performing various actions in-game, described as Skills. Some can be performed at any level including level zero (0), while others must be acquired by earning experience and gaining Levels.
These skills can be performed at Level 0 in any Edition without spending points in the Skill Tree.
- to Interact with an object when standing close enough. This includes talking to an NPC (Non-Player Character, such as a Game Host), picking up an object, or using a toy such as the Skill Tree Kiosk, Sky Changer, or Tech Terminal. For Character Figures operating a multi-seat Vehicle (e.g. the Millennium Falcon), this allows the character to Switch seats.
- For Character Figures from Cars or other characters operating Vehicles, tapping the top face button uses any equipped Loadout. When not (operating) a Vehicle, this can perform a Charge Attack when riding a mount (that can do so), use a Pack if equipped, or performs a Melee Attack otherwise.
- This can be used to Drop a carried object, Release a character's hold on a block or ledge, Dismount a Mount, Fall (for Flyers), or Exit a Vehicle (except for Character Figures from Cars).
- For Character Figures from Cars or other characters operating Vehicles, holding the right face button changes the camera angle to Look Behind the Vehicle, which can be useful when pulling back on the left stick to use Loadouts behind the Vehicle. When not (operating) a Vehicle, this is used to Block melee attacks. Some attacks and Skills (especially block breaking skills) cannot be blocked.
- to Jump, or Get Up if a character falls.
- to Double Jump.
- to "Drop Kick" a carried object.
- For Character Figures from Cars or other characters operating Vehicles, pulling the right trigger causes the Vehicle to Move Forward. When not (operating) a Vehicle, this uses a Tool if equipped, Throws a carried object, or performs a Ranged Attack otherwise.
- For Character Figures from Cars or other characters operating Vehicles, pulling the left trigger Brakes the Vehicle if moving forward, or otherwise causes it to move in Reverse. When not (operating) a Vehicle, this lets the player Aim or Zoom when using a ranged weapon, or enter Free Flight while Hovering (for Flyers that can do so).
- For Character Figures from Cars or other characters operating Vehicles, tapping the right bumper causes the Vehicle to Turn Around 180°.
- Use Power Disc Ability (when fully charged).
Disney Infinity 1.0
In Disney Infinity 1.0, Character Figures earn Skills as they increase in level. These are assigned automatically by the game, and cannot be chosen by the player.
Disney Infinity 2.0 and 3.0
- 1 point per level from 1-3 (cumulative 3)
- 2 points per level from 4-6 (cumulative 9)
- 3 points per level from 7-9 (cumulative 18)
- 4 points per level from 10-12 (cumulative 30)
- 5 points per level from 13-16 (cumulative 50)
- 6 points per level from 17-19 (cumulative 68)
- 7 points at level 20 (cumulative 75; maximum Skill Points that can be earned by any Character Figure)
While many Character Figures have unique Skills, many Skills are common to multiple characters, whether they have a common or unique name. These include:
- Health & Defense
- (Super, Ultra) Health Boost which increase the character's maximum health.
- Heal (self, others) While Blocking (hold )
which heals the character over time while not in combat (and others, depending on the skill).
- Health Regeneration (1, 2) which heals the character over time (while not in combat).
- Helping Hand (1, 2) which decreases the amount of health needed to revive another character.
- Mid-Air Recovery (tap )
which allows a character to land on their feet when knocked back, instead of falling.
- Run Speed (1, 2) which increase the character's speed while running.
- Team Player (1, 2) which decreases the amount of time it takes to revive another character.
- (Super, Ultra) Damage Increase which increase the amount of damage the character causes when using Combos and Packs.
- Street Spike (tap ), then (tap )
which allows the character to jump and then throw a carried object at the ground, causing damage.
- (Super, Ultra) Ranged Attack Upgrade which increase the amount of damage the character causes while Aiming.
- Special Moves ()
- which allows a character to perform a Special Move when the Special Move meter is full (not available for Disney Infinity 1.0 Character Figures). These can be further enhanced with:
- Special Move (Mega) Bonus which increases the damage caused by the Special Move.
- Special Move Meter Upgrade which adds a charge to the Special Move meter, allowing the character to have more than one use of their Special Move ready to use.
- Speedy Meter Upgrade which increases the rate at which the Special Move meter fills when Purple Sparks are collected.
- There are "Power Disc Recharge Upgrade (1, 2)" Skills that can be purchased with Skill Points, which increase the rate at which the Power Disc meter fills.
- Some character type Special Abilities (e.g. Marksman, Villain) are unlocked by default, while others (e.g. Super Jumper, Wall Crawler) must be unlocked by spending Skill Points.
For the unique skills available to each character, including their Special Move (if any), see that Character Figure's page.
- While in Free Flight, the character continually moves forward in the direction the camera is facing, similar to that of a Forward Flight Vehicle.
- Other guides that state one (1) Skill Point per Level are incorrect.